In order to assist you find employment, M&T Resources requires that you disclose some personal or sensitive information. We recognise that privacy is important to you, and that we have a responsibility to protect any personal or sensitive information which you may share with us. You can refuse to provide personal information. However if you do not provide some of the information we request we may be limited in our ability to place you in work. Please note that M&T Resources will not submit your resume to a client without seeking your express permission first.
Your information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or potential work placement.
- Your performance appraisals.
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects.
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo.
- Our identification of your training needs.
- Any workplace rehabilitation.
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved.
- Part of our placement process which includes obtaining reference and/or background checks.
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
- To pay your wages.
What personal information does M&T Resources collect and how is it collected?
When you register with us using our website registration form, or by sending us an email, we receive and store your information. Until you register or email us, your visit to our website does not personally identify you. When you attend our office for an interview or participate in a telephone interview with us we record the information you give us either electronically or manually.
Where and how does M&T Resources store personal information?
The personal information collected is received by us as an email or through the registration function of our website or by you giving it to us in an interview situation. It is then stored electronically in our candidate database. It may also be printed and stored in our candidate filing system. Personal information is stored only at each of our principal places of business in NSW, Victoria, QLD, SA and the ACT.
Does M&T Resources send personal information outside Australia?
In the event that you apply for an overseas position, your personal information will only be supplied to a third party overseas with your approval.
We us data hosting facilities and third party service providers to assist us with providing our services. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside Australia including Japan, the European Union and the United States of America. With your consent, we may also provide personal information received from you to KMC MAG Solutions Inc in the Philippines as part of our offshore development services.
How does M&T Resources use this information and to whom is it disclosed?
M&T Resources uses the information you supply to us to place you in suitable employment. Please also refer to the section setting out who we may disclose information to.
How can you find out what personal information M&T Resources holds about you and correct it if necessary?
As information contained in CVs and resumes is constantly changing, we welcome the opportunity to update the personal information we hold.
Your information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual clients of M&T Resources;
- Employees of M&T Resources or any of its associated entities, within the SMS Management & Technology Limited Group of Companies.
- Our insurers.
- A Workers Compensation body.
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers.
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
- Any regulatory body in connection with a complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved.
You can gain access to your information:
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction, you should contact the Privacy Officer; email email@example.com or call +61 3 9696 4166.
Last updated: January 2017